Monday, March 12, 2012

One or two movies about which South Park was right, and eight others

I've decided to take a tip from Kelly Sedinger, who took his from Sam Frog, and riff on this list of "Fifty Most Hated Movies." But where he and the Frog did theirs all in one post, I'm going to spread these out so I can get a week of entries out of them.

1. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

I can give my opinion of this movie in four words, prefaced by a clip:



South. Park. Was. Right.

2. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace



Keep walking, kid.

3. Forrest Gump

Never saw it, and considering how much my opinion of Robert Zemeckis has soured, likely never will.Photobucket

I do get the sense, however, that it's one of those movies which even a year afterward people are embarrassed to remember they rated so highly.

4. Twilight

Where's the Family Research Council when we really need it?



5. Psycho (1998)

Still the very definition of "unnecessary."

6. Batman and Robin

Never saw it. The best translation of Batman to another media remains the Dini/Timm Animated Series.

7. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

Never saw this one either. However, I suspect this is another one that South Park has the right idea about.

"Job has all his children killed, and Michael Bay still gets to keep making movies. There isn't a god."

8. Titanic.

Not to be crass (god forbid), but any movie in which Kate Winslet gets her kit off...


9. House of the Dead

10. Die Another Day

I actually think this movie is cleverer than most people seem to feel--I don't just like it for Halle Berry in her swimsuit--although, god knows...

No comments: