Thursday, September 15, 2005

Annabel wrote this, I do not endorse it

She's still really liberal, for obvious reasons, and hasn't quite wised up to the contemporary feel of this blog as it now exists. But she wanted to say something about this:

Accompanied by a six-member band led by her musical director, Rob Bowman, Ms. Stritch breezes through 16 songs woven together with a running monologue in which she describes her life in show business as a sequence of bittersweet comic pratfalls, many of the worst tumbles fueled and fogged by gin martinis. Her self-deprecating tale of the time Tony Curtis fixed her up on a disastrous blind date with Frank Sinatra is one for the books.


Annabel?

"Oh, to be in New York now that the Theater season is here."

Thanks, kid. Like I say, that's Annabel talking; I don't go in for that show tune crap, myself. I can't explain how the 1985 Live Performance Follies in Concert CD, featuring Ms. Stritch, got on my amazon wishlist, reachable by clicking on "view my complete profile" over there.

No comments: