Friday, November 25, 2005

"My mom says I'm cool!"

Sadly, No! on this announcement:
Former FEMA Director Michael Brown, heavily criticized for his agency’s slow response to Hurricane Katrina, is starting a disaster preparedness consulting firm to help clients avoid the sort of errors that cost him his job.


See, the best part about being a wealthy white male is that there's virtually nothing you can do to hurt your overall economic well-being. Even if no one will hire you because you're a complete fuck-up whose grievous errors cost people their lives, you can always start a your own consulting firm advising people on how not to be complete fuck-ups like you.


Brown said companies already have expressed interested in his consulting business, Michael D. Brown LLC. He plans to run it from the Boulder area, where he lived before joining the Bush administration in 2001.
“I’m doing a lot of good work with some great clients,” Brown said. “My wife, children and my grandchild still love me. My parents are still proud of me.”


I don't know why that Bush administration hasn't responded to my suggestion. If they want to see their poll numbers go up (and they do), a good way to start might be to hold "Smack Michael Brown Day" in New Orleans.

1 comment:

jeopardygirl said...

All I could think about when I read this was:

OH. YOU. HAVE. GOT. TO. BE. KIDDING. ME.