Monday, December 19, 2005

I deny you cider

Got a comment today from someone who posted anonymously, but if I had to guess I'd say it was Experience Bypass. EB claims to have been "a senior executive of several Fortune 500 companies;" if that's so then I guess such companies allow for a more original relation to literacy than most.

But my commenter, whether or not it was in fact EB, had this to say:
No wonder the Left is losing.

What a bunch of twaddle.

You dont actually believe this bullshit you write do you?

This must be some sort of joke.


Which brings to mind the question: If the left is losing, what the hell is the right doing? Because it sure ain't winning, not when President Bush’s job approval is at 38%. Twaddle, of course, is in the eye of the beholder, but by one definition I'd say 90% of all blogging falls into that category: Foolish, trivial, or idle talk or chatter.

Do I actually believe this bullshit I write? Well yes, most of it-except for the parts that are obviously jokes. I'm not kidding about wanting to see any of the Go-Go's in the Oval Office, though.

As for this being some sort of joke, the "this" EB or whoever was commenting on was my entry quoting the Fox poll results about Alito's plummeting support among Republicans. It had almost no personal commentary from me whatsoever.

So I'm not sure exactly what part he/she/it feels must be a joke...

2 comments:

Julia said...

I think we should elect Joe Walsh.

Ben Varkentine said...

I'd go for Jimmy James...