Monday, January 30, 2006

Another list with which I find fault

According to a new poll, men want Jessica Alba as their girlfriend more than any other woman. My first reaction was: Why?

Oh.
James Bassil, editor-in-chief of AskMen.com, told The Associated Press the list was determined by the rankings of 2.5 million readers and by the site's staff.


"We encouraged readers not to go on looks alone," Bassil said. "I don't believe it's an entirely accurate reflection of what a reader strives for in their long-term relationships, but at the same time, it's not a sheerly surface appreciation."

Right. But seriously, maybe I'm officially an old man now, because Alba wouldn't even make, much less top, my list. Nor for that matter would runners-up Sienna Miller, Angelina Jolie, Charlize Theron, Jessica Biel, Natalie Portman and Eva Longoria.

(Not that I'm saying I don't want any of them...I'm just saying...I don't think we'd have that much to say to each other...you know, afterwards)

Fortunately, I can rely upon my love for Anne Hathaway, which is pure and true and good and unlikely to be deterred by surface concerns.
Oh. Well, let me rephrase that. Fortunately, I can rely upon my love for Virginia Madsen, which...

No comments: