Thursday, February 23, 2006

Another republican beats Dems to the "Let's get out of Iraq" position

As you may recall, one of my big bugaboos lately is the idea that if the Democrats don't get it together, draw a firm line and stand behind it, the republicans will sweep in and take their issues.

And just in time for the midterm elections. As ludicrous as it sounds, we are going to have republicans running on ethics, we are going to have republicans running against the war. And if Democrats try to say anything about it, republicans are just going to say,

"How strange that you did not have anything to say in the past three years, but only now, when you want to get re-elected. Me, I've learned from my mistakes, I've evolved, and I think the American people will forgive me."

And they probably will.

BTW: Bill O'Reilly now thinks it's time to get out of Iraq.

No comments: