Thursday, February 23, 2006

a picture very small, A photograph I took some years ago

The New York Times Magazine has put together an interesting collection of portraits of the performers that that they consider to have given the best work of 2005 (in films). Here are a few of the ones that really jumped out at me.


If I were playing analyst, or pretentious art critic, I would say: I think that the point of the picture of Reese Witherspoon with stars all over her bared neck is that her apparent vulnurability in performance is what makes her a star. Good thing I'm not, huh?


I like the way that Penélope Cruz manages to be very sexy (IMO) while clothed almost head-to-foot.





Is it just me, or does anyone else think Michelle Williams is starting to look a lot like Kim Basinger?

What I said about the Cruz photograph above remains true, however, I also support any decision Charlize Theron makes not to wear clothes.














I also like the way they've made it look as though George Clooney's next film will be V: The Movie.

You can see all the pictures at the NY Times Magazine website, registration is required but free.

No comments: