Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Post 2,001: A Cute Odyssey

Last month, Bill took note of his 2000th post by ruminating:
Perhaps I should go light and pad this post with vaguely related lyrical quotes


Perhaps.
cold and lonely, tired and bored
just like the day before
missing out on life's rewards
of that you can be sure

so bring on the dancing girls
take off the cold night and the sad day
bring on the dancing girls
take off the twilight and the skies so grey

and they dance for him inside his head*

Or...
She saw me on the television underneath the sun
Thought that I was warm like a mother, lover, brother
Brother, she was wrong**

Bill also considered:
Perhaps I should make a heavy political statement ("Dear poli-blogosphere: Michael Moore is fat; Jonah Goldberg is fat. Please feel free to say nothing more about this.")? Or simply give a shout-out to my fellow bloggers?

As you of my vast reading audience may have guessed by now, I find politics very depressing these days. Which is why the blog has been taking the turn towards ladies, ladies, ladies. It makes me feel better than linking to another post about how we're heading towards WW3 and there is nothing, not one thing, I can do about it.

Bill finally decided just to run a picture of his dog. I don't have any pictures of my cats I can run, so I decided to just pick a handful of pictures of women, four human, one comic book (plus a dog and a bird) that I find cute as the dickens.

It's my blog, damnit. I hope you enjoyed the first 2000 posts, who knows whether there will be 2000 more...








*Nik Kershaw.
**Tears For Fears.

4 comments:

Bill said...

Love that Nik Kershaw song (although "Wouldn't It Be Good" remains his compositional peak: man, that song gives me the chills!) Here's hoping to see another two thou from ya!

jeopardygirl said...

hey, ben. politics in your country right now is very depressing for so-called small 'l' liberals. I don't blame you for backing away from it. just don't get too depressed and stop posting, because there is always something, even the most mundane, to blather on about, and your voice is important.

Ben Varkentine said...

Ben: My voice?

Keitha: I think she means me.

Ben: Oh right.

Becca said...

You got Woodstock in there! That's so awesome and that Bettie Page is one of my favorites. Dave Stevens is a terrific artist.