Thursday, February 09, 2006

Veronica Mars really, really needs new viewers



And it looks like they're stooping to exploiting Kristen Bell's undeniable hotness to get them. Well, that's just fine. Up until about three episodes ago, I would have blogged here about what a shame it is that such a smartly-written show has to resort to such common-demoninator tactics.

But, and I feel kinda bad saying this here given how much I've badgered you all to recognize the series, the writing on Veronica Mars is spinning out of control. The episodes are starting to seem like time-wasters with characters I don't care about, which is bad enough when they're new, deadly when they're old.

And I note with genuine sorrow that two of the last three episodes have had come jokes early on in their scripts. Goodbye, Ms. Mars, hello, There's Something About Veronica's American Pie.

No comments: