Sunday, February 26, 2006

That would be fun, but...

Philip Seymour Hoffman, best actor nominee (for Capote), says
"The director of the film (Bennett Miller) and I went to college together and the writer (Dan Futterman) of the film, we all met when we were 16.

"We had this friend at the time, Steven, and we all made this drunken pact that if one of us ever won the Academy Award, that we would bark the whole acceptance speech."

"We were very serious," he continued. "Literally, we were like: 'I'll do that. I will definitely commit to that.' Bennett and I met with Steven recently in Los Angeles and he said: 'So remember we made this pact that you have to bark?'

"The thing is you can't just bark, you have to bark until they pull you off (the stage). Let's hope I don't have to get up there."


That's still not the Oscar Moment I Most Wish We Could See. When William H. Macy was nominated for his work in, I believe, Fargo, he once said, his friend the writer and director David Mamet offered him a huge bribe to, if he won, begin his speech by taking out a small piece of paper and saying...

"These two lesbians are shopping for power tools, and...I'm sorry, I have the wrong speech."

No comments: