Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Irony, party of one

According to this quiz on which sci-fi crew would you best fit in, I would be happiest living on...the Serenity, of Firefly. Well, great. Joss Whedon's flopped TV series and failed attempt to start a movie franchise apparently has my name written all over it.

In happier news, my second highest score would put me on Babylon 5, of the series of the same name, and I'm totally cool with that; if nothing else, the performances would be much more powerful.

Sweetest of all, my score for B5 tied with the score putting me aboard the ship favored by the ladies and gentlebeings of Farscape, a show I've never watched.

The name? The good ship Moya. Permission to...come aboard...the Moya. Yes, I'll be getting off...the Moya.

According to a cult sci-fi web site:


Moya is curvaceous and sleek...

Boy, I'll say!

...behind the hull are numerous veins and hull tissues.

And what spectacular hull tissues they are...

Because of it's power and speed, the Peacekeepers were keen to modify Leviathans for battle and breeding. They developed huge ‘collars’ and a number of other control devises and instigated a breeding programme (for which Moya was to be the prototype).

Ok...we're getting into a whole weird area here...

Moya has a couple of transports used for ferrying passengers to and from the ship, a docking beam used for assisting other visitors to the ship and a number of small drones called DRD's used for carrying out repairs and in some cases protecting the ship from aggressive guests.

I'm really enjoying this far too much.

Fourth place in my scoring puts me on the Battlestar Galactica, which I choose to believe means the original where they at least had proper Cylons with one eye bouncing back and forth like a ping-pong ball...the way they're supposed to, goddamnit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny dear. I got Serenity too, but apparently in a 6 way tie with:
Deep Space Nine (Star Trek) 75%
Babylon 5 (Babylon 5) 75%
Millennium Falcon (Star Wars) 75%
SG-1 (Stargate) 75%
Moya (Farscape) 75%

Moya on the "Moya". That's rich.

Ben Varkentine said...

I dunno-I bet there's some guys who'd be willing to pay good money to see that.

(Annabel) I'd be willing to chip in, too.
(Keitha) What was that?
(Annabel) Oh nothing...