Sunday, May 28, 2006

Everyone's favorite asshole

I want to say a special shout-out to Paul Gleason, an actor who died today. He was best known for playing...well, see the headline...in a streak of films in the '80s:

  • He was the asshole FBI man in Die Hard.
  • He was the asshole principal in The Breakfast Club (spoofing himself over 15 years later in Not Another Teen Movie).
  • He was the asshole bad guy in Trading Places who meets King (Kong) fate.
  • He was even...wait for it...an asshole in a guilty pleasure of mine, Morgan Stewart's Coming Home (my favorite Alan Smithee film!)

So what I'm saying is I, like you, have spent a bunch of hours watching Paul Gleason being taught lessons he richly deserved, and he always made it fun. All kidding aside, I wish him a respectful farewell.

1 comment:

maurinsky said...

RIP, Paul Gleason. He was a great asshole.