Saturday, April 14, 2007

It's unfortunate when a man is better remembered for jokes about himself than for his work

But nevertheless, as I read this brief news item...
Legendary crooner Don Ho, known for his raspberry-tinted sunglasses and catchy signature tune 'Tiny Bubbles,' has died, his publicist said Saturday, April 14, 2007. He was 76


...all I can think about is how, back when I was making my only fitfully funny attempts at being a stand-up comedian, there used to be a guy at the Holy City Zoo that would go onstage in a brightly colored Hawaiian shirt and say something like,

"Many people ask me: Did you sleep with Don Ho to get that shirt? And I say, no. I slept with Don Ho because he's a fine entertainer who's brought happiness to millions of people."

I was amused to see Patton Oswalt & Brian Posehn remembering the same fella in the Comedians of Comedy documentary movie.

In this sense, Mr. Ho, you will never be forgotten.

No comments: