Wednesday, April 25, 2007

More beautiful women (oh, okay and one or two men for you womenfolk and any male gays who may be looking in) or, Ladies, ladies ladies

In my last post, I mentioned that Eva Amurri had been on People Magazine's "100 Most Beautiful People" list in 2003. This year's list, synchronistically enough, is out this week, and a few names were released last night.

So let's have a look at this baby.

In the number one spot is Drew Barrymore. Drew Barrymore is cute as a button, but I don't know if I'd put her at the top of any such list.



By the way, when it comes to words like beautiful Vs. cute, I subscribe to the theory put forth in this clip from NewsRadio featuring TPWFMA and Vicki Lewis.





Also on the list:

Eva Longoria. I don't get it.

"The three Jessicas" (Simpson, Alba and Biel). Besides the first name, what the three Jessicas all have in common is that I would, but I'd hate myself in the morning, you know, if we had to, what is the word...talk.

Jennifer Garner. In the same category with Eva Longoria.

Nicole Kidman. There was a time when I used to say I felt completely unable to rate Kidman as an actress, because any time she was onscreen all I was thinking was "pretty..." That time has more-or-less passed, but there's no denying...

And as I have previously observed, there is something about Scarlett Johansson that makes me lose all my gentility and resort to tit jokes like an 11-year-old.

I'm sorry, but there truly doesn't seem to be anything I can do. Not if she will continue to wear dresses like that...

Jennifer Aniston. Well, come on.

As to that guy I promised you: One of the fellas on the list is George Clooney, and...

I would. I would right now.

Speaking of George, I've never understood what's supposed to be so hot about Jennifer Lopez...with the exception of her in Out Of Sight.

Halle Berry.
Don't believe I know the woman. Sweet, is she?

Julia Roberts. She's the voice of a spider. That's just creepy.

Carrie Underwood. I'd much rather Mary Stuart Masterson (below) were on the list. She's a dead ringer for Underwood anyway...only Masterson has more talent.

Some women apparently not prominently featured this year who would make it to my top 15: Eva Amurri, Anne Hathaway, Teri Polo (that pic is totally not "safe for work," that's why I'm not running it here), Phoebe Cates, Courtney Love, Paget Brewster, Courteney Cox and...




Jennifer Connelly (top), Amber Benson (bottom)...and I reckon I know a few people who'd like to see that...

, The Dixie Chicks,
Sarah Paulson (left), Lisa Edelstein (below). (For those of you who don't watch House, Ms. Edelstein is the woman nicely filling out the tight skirt and pink shirt in the photo above. The scruffysexycool fella to her right is Hugh Laurie, who I'm assuming is somewhere on my sex's half of People's list...)

...and Tara Reid.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That NewsRadio scene was the first thing I thought of when I heard about Drew, and would've blogged about it if you hadn't beaten me to it.

Ben Varkentine said...

Hah! Too slow!

Anonymous said...

Your own choices are cheap.
I guess it's just a matter of taste.

Ben Varkentine said...

A choice of replies:

1. Beauty is always cheap, darlin, that's what's so great about it. Real beauty, anyway.

2. From the definition at Dictionary.com: "Cheap now usually suggests shoddiness, inferiority, showy imitation, complete unworthiness, and the like"

I'd like to know just which ones of my own choices you think that applies to.

Kelly Peeples said...

At least your choices sort of figure into normal. My own list would be...well, rather hilarious to most, I think.

Hm, gives me an idea...

Ben Varkentine said...

"your choices sort of figure into normal." Possibly the nicest thing a girl's said about me in *years*...