Wednesday, April 25, 2007

You know what I don't get?

Eva Amurri is an actress, a model, and a very good-looking young woman.



In fact one of People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People in the World," 2003, as you can see above. She is also the daughter of Susan Sarandon. Amurri's upcoming film reportedly contains a couple of sex scenes. She said to "Rush & Molloy" in the NY Daily News:


"In one of them, I got to wear a garter belt, which is my fantasy come true - ever since my prom dress."


Now, none of this is what I don't get. "Sex sells" is hardly the hottest news on the planet. No, what I don't get is that Rush & Molloy led the item by saying,


Susan Sarandon might be squirming in her seat during the flick "The Education of Charlie Banks" Friday at the Tribeca Film Fest.


Does anyone out there think Susan Sarandon is the kind of mother to be embarassed by her daughter's sex scene? If I were her I'd be more uncomfortable with the fact that the film is directed by big-hollow-dick swagger "Rock Star" Fred Durst.

You know, Fred Durst, from Limp Bizkit, the Black Oak Arkansas of the '90s.

I wouldn't let my daughter appear in a film he made, but that's just me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have Rush & Molloy ever seen White Palace?

Ben Varkentine said...

Or The Hunger, or Atlantic City, or Pretty Baby, or The Other Side of Midnight, or The Rocky Horror Picture Show, or Joe...

Not that I know her work or anything.

Unknown said...

you should see the film. it's quite serious and thoughtful. Not at all hollow or swagger-filled. and the sex scenes... let's just say I don't even remember seeing one! They are most definitely not the focus.

Ben Varkentine said...

Hm. Well, if it gets more good reviews, maybe I'll see on DVD or something out of curiosity.