Monday, April 16, 2007

Not really a meme, and I'm not really a fanatic...

...but I decided to pick up on Reel Fanatic's post about good movie soundtracks anyway. In the following list, links are to reviews or earlier blog posts I've done about the subject.

Pretty in Pink or almost any of the great John Hughes movie soundtracks from my teenage years. These may have been the most influential in shaping my musical taste.

Wendy Carlos' score for Tron

Teachers

Finding Nemo

Xanadu. Representing that whole school of soundtracks like Jesus Christ Superstar, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Little Shop Of Horrors and Reefer Madness, and something of a guilty pleasure.

Most scores composed by the late Jerry Goldsmith, especially the original Planet of The Apes, but also Gremlins, Basic Instinct, Escape From The Planet Of The Apes and the original score to Legend.

Shock Treatment.

In some ways this soundtrack is even better than that for Rocky Horror, to which it was a "sequel."

Doctor Who from 1980-1984. Ah, the golden age of the BBC Radiophonic workshop.

The Beatles' A Hard Day's Night (oh, those screaming schoolgirls), and Help, and...

And all the Disney records I blogged about here.

As I said, this isn't really a meme so I'm not tagging anyone, but I think anybody who wants to should feel free to join in.

...and...

All together now...

2 comments:

Reel Fanatic said...

Thanks for following my lead (and, frankly, for not making it a meme ... I'm not much on chain-letter approaches, no matter how well-intentioned) ... I can't believe I left off Pretty in Pink from mine ... I burned a hole in the cassette copy I had of that one after listening it to incessantly

cindy said...

armageddon!