Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I've always kind of idly wondered about the name of Bad Hat Harry Productions, the company started by director/producer Bryan Singer that produces House on TV as well as his movies including The Usual Suspects and first two X-Men films.

But I was just idly interested, never enough to actually look it up on Yahoo! or somethin'.

So I'm watching Jaws on TV just now. It's one of my favorite films, a reminder that top box office doesn't always mean unwatchable for anyone with a critical mind. But I had completely forgotten the scene from which Singer's company takes its name.

It's true, you really do learn something new every day. Now that I know of course, I can see that the title card for the company is a tip of the (bad) hat to the scene in question.

Okay, so sometimes I'm slow.

No comments: