Monday, June 11, 2007

I've run out of quiet, classy ways to say this

So I'm just going to ask it right out straight. What jackwad in his-or-her right mind has ever thought Kate Winslet needed to diet?


An eating disorder charity today spoke of its delight after receiving a cash donation from actress Kate Winslet.

The Hollywood star has given about £3,000 of her libel damages to Norfolk-based beat.

Miss Winslet had taken High Court action against Grazia magazine over claims she had visited a diet doctor.

She was awarded an undisclosed sum in damages in March.


I mean...look at that.

That's close to my definition of a perfect figure.

3 comments:

Becca said...

She was more than 80 pounds and by Hollywood standards thats obese. What a sad, sad world this is.

jeopardygirl said...

I think it wasn't that they thought she needed to diet, it was that someone said she was seeing a diet doctor, thus making her a hypocrite.

I'd have sued them, too.

Ben Varkentine said...

j-girl, you know how sometimes people tell you you're too pedantic?