Monday, August 20, 2007

Women my own age, Part Five



Patricia Velasquez, born January 31st, 1971. Things you learn by listening to DVD commentaries: You know that scene in The Mummy (reprised in The Mummy Returns, IIRC) where Velasquez enters wearing the fitted mesh body stocking?

It's not a fitted mesh body stocking. It's paint.

A quick side note before we continue: Maybe I ought to start a separate post series called:

Women my own age who are attractive; probably sociable and intelligent, but about whom I just have nothing to say.

If I do start such a series, Part One will be Renée O'Connor.

Now, on to...

Denise Richards, born February 17, 1971. Of all the incredible things the James Bond movies have asked us to believe over the years, the greatest has got to be:

Denise Richards: Nuclear weapons expert!



BTW, I know it's probably a sad mark for me, if not the human condition as a whole, that I have more to say about the robot-like Richards than about O'Connor. But that's the way it is.

Rachel Weisz, born March 7, 1971. I didn't intend for today's installment to feature two actresses featured in the Mummy films, that's just the way it worked out.

I like those films (call it a guilty pleasure). But to tell the truth, I need to see Weisz in more things before I can say what I think of her as an actress.

I know that she's sexy; from talk-show appearances and things she seems to have a good personality and she's obviously beautiful (Those eyes!), almost exotic.



The Academy Award would seem to suggest she can act a bit, but then again, the Academy Award would seem to suggest Matt Damon and Ben Affleck can write...

3 comments:

jeopardygirl said...

You didn't know that was paint before you listened to the commentary? What about the smearing Imhotep creates when he embraces her? Velasquez is both brave and beautiful. Hey, is Rebecca Romijn your age, too?

Anonymous said...

You should get out more and rent some films, Rachel Weisz is a wonderful actress.

Ben Varkentine said...

Does anyone else notice that "get out more" and "rent some films" are almost mutually exclusive?