Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Women my own age, Part Seven



Charlotte Gainsbourg, born July 21, 1971. A picture is worth a baker's dozen words. I think I'll just call her "the French girl." The definite article, you might say. I mean, look up above-have you ever seen a Frencher girl in your life?



Christine Taylor, born July 30, 1971. Probably best remembered for resurrecting the part of Marcia Brady in the '90s movies, she's also married to Ben Stiller, and was Ross' bald girlfriend on Friends.

But when I think of her, I think of a genuinely scary underrated horror anthology movie called Campfire Tales. Another one of my chance discoveries (like All-American Murder), this is the movie that Urban Legend wanted to be but wasn't.

Sydney Penny, born August 7, 1971. Another for the "Where Are They Now?" file, Penny did the voice of Lucy for a Charlie Brown special and gave a sparky performance in Pale Rider.

But after that, she disappeared from my view. Fortunately, unlike Emily Lloyd, this doesn't mean she wasn't working, just that most of her adult work seems to be in TV movies and soap operas, neither of which I watch very much.

No comments: