Friday, August 24, 2007

Women my own age, Part Nine

Kimberly Williams, born September 14, 1971.



An unintended subset of these postings seems to have become my talking about little-seen movies in which these women feature...so let's talk about Coldblooded. My shorthand description of this film has always been that it's what Grosse Pointe Blank wanted to be but couldn't because that movie had "heart."

Coldblooded has no heart whatsoever. It's about a hitman's apprentice learning his trade, and is possibly the blackest of all black comedies. Williams plays his girlfriend, who reacts about as well as could be expected when she learns what her boyfriend does for a living. Worth seeking out on video, friends.

I'd love to have run an image of her from it, but, near as I can tell, there are virtually no images of her from it online. So the picture above is from Indian Summer, another Williams movie that practically nobody saw, but which I kind of liked.



Amy Poehler, born September 16, 1971. I've come to this conclusion about Amy Poehler (and I'm going to embark on one of my rarely-used sports metaphors for this): Talks a better game than she plays.

I've liked what she's had to say about comedy and women and women in comedy in interviews and such, but none of that translates to her actually making me laugh. Speaking of which...

Jenna Elfman, born September 30, 1971.



Years from now, the future masters of the earth are going to scratch their heads with their tentacles, and say, "Wait...Dharma & Greg was on for five years? And The Nine didn't even make it one?"

No comments: