Sunday, September 09, 2007

Greatest photo caption ever

Just go. You'll know it when you see it-unless they change it.

ETA after watching the Britney Spears MTV performance that's drawing all the scorn: I have a sinking feeling in my stomach it's about to get not funny to make jokes at her expense...so I better get this observation in now.

You know how Madonna went from fantastic uber-sex object to desperate housewife in a period of 25 years? Britney did it in less than 10.

But I kind of feel bad even saying that, because I can see the (online) papers are already taking shots at her for being "out of shape." Which, as usual, reveals their own misconceptions about what a woman's shape is.

I thought she still looked like she'd be fun to play with, he said euphmistically-but then, the way she looked has never been the problem. And that she seemed out of touch with her own performance cannot possibly come as a surprise if you've seen any part of her HBO "live" concert.

All this girl has ever been as a performer, is a femmebot. The only difference now is that the hardware has become corrupt.

But, watching this as best I could-and there were times when I felt compelled to close my eyes-I couldn't help thinking of a comment Jon Stewart made on The Daily Show when the Anna Nicole Smith Show started airing.

After showing an especially painful clip of Smith stumbing and falling, Stewart admonished the makers of her show, "Put down the camera...and help her."

No comments: