Monday, September 10, 2007

pharmaceutical diaries two


If nostalgia itself could be pressed into the grooves of a four-minute record, this is what it would sound like.

As for me, I've noticed that I do seem to be a little more tired after taking my Fluoxetine in the morning. But again, that could just be because I rarely sleep straight through all of the night.

No strangely weepy episodes, though feelings of empathy for Britney Spears are probably a bad sign of something wrong somewhere.

Questions for me to think about as I am better able to determine about which effects are real and which a "placebo effect" : Will taking these pills quiet my mind, and if it does, is that a bad thing?

Sobering quotation to remember: When the writer Alice Sheldon was asked about taking antidepressants, she said (this is approximate, remembered from a bio of her I skimmed recently):

"I want something to make me happy, and I fear (these pills) will only make me better able to endure misery."

PS: And I was just kidding about the sexual dysfunction...as far as I know.

2 comments:

jeopardygirl said...

I love that song...sigh.

As for Britney, it's a pretty sorry pass if one doesn't feel a tiny bit of sympathy for that creature. She's an absolute mess and has been for a long time. Of course, as other child/teen stars would probably tell you, you don't get a whole lot of proper "because I said so" guidance when you are the family's breadwinner. Ask Lindsay Lohan...

Hope you find something that makes you happy. You know where I am if you need anything. :D

Ben Varkentine said...

Lindsay Lohan has other troubles. So, I suspect, does Britney...