Monday, December 31, 2007

Random Flickr Blogging img_2007

Steve's note this week encouraged
searching for "img_2007" and making it into a commentary on the past year.


You have but to command.

When I think back on the year 2007, one word comes right to mind...


...Feminism!

Source

No, but I kid. 2007 is the year I realized the reason there was only one set of footprints on the beach during the most dark and troubled periods of my life, is because:
That's when, as god explained to me apologetically later, I'd completely slipped his mind.

Credit

But seriously. It's been an important year in my life, because it's the year I decided to follow in the spiked heels of my heroine Courtney Love, and begin taking mood-altering drugs.


Credit



No, but really, this year is the year I learned that...oh hell, make up your own joke here, it's a picture of a red haired girl in green licking whipped cream off a guy's nipple, man!

Source

And of course, two festivals left me with memories I won't soon forget. The running of the bulls...
...and the more rare but only slightly less cruel Rapid Transiting of the zombies.

Source

2007 is the year I realized that the height of the lyrical arts was

Parfois c'est un pays ; parfois c'est une fille que vous connaissez, tout le monde obtenu d'avoir un but en ce monde vous Yankees ĂȘtes si idiot aux sujets du coeur vous ne savez pas que les femmes sont les seules oeuvres d'art


Source

Oh yes, this is also the year that that sex-phobic babbling idiot Jerry Falwell dropped dead.

Now, I don't have scientific proof that the photo below was taken at the parade held in paradise that day.

But I do have the strongest suspicion...

Source

The year I began to know the truth of the quotation, via Harlan Ellison,

...from the Japanese poet Tanaka Katsumi...

"I know that my true friend will appear after my death, and my sweetheart died before I was born."

Credit

It's the year I began to get in touch with the beauty of my inner color.

Credit

It's the year I learned not only are Japanese women's breasts getting bigger and they are in general become curvier...


...but that their clowns have eyes that bore into me like ice-hot needles from hell!

Ahem. Source.

2 comments:

Generik said...

Excellent sum-up of the year that was! I especially liked the party in paradise for Falwell's shuffling off this mortal coil. I'm still celebrating that one, myself.

nash said...

No sh*t. If I saw several dozen copies of her tumbling out of a Volkswagen, I think I'd die of fright.

--nashtbrutusandshort
Categorical Aperitif