Thursday, January 03, 2008

There's a certain flaw in that theory...

Overheard at the tail end of a "Biography" about Boy George: Someone saying, "The last album Johnny Cash ever made was one of the best of his whole life. George could do exactly the same."

I don't mean this to be an easy shot, but the best way I can describe the difference is that Johnny Cash was a man. I like some of Boy George's records, but (as a songwriter) he's, as his name says...

Then again, I don't think I should expect anything better from "Biography." I caught most of their episode about Dana Plato the other night. The current positioning of her is that she's a cautionary tale from which the likes of Britney Spears could learn.

The difference is, Dana Plato didn't have a lick of talent in her whole body. Try a "Different Strokes" rerun sometime. I'm not saying Britney has masses of talent either but she has some.

No comments: