Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Anne Hathaway, Uma Thurman AND Kate Winslet?

"Anne Hathaway is a radiant young woman who perfectly embodies modern femininity," Lancôme International president Odile Roujol said in making the announcement.


You've noticed that too, eh?

"We know she will portray all the passion and excitement of our new fragrance, to be launched throughout the world in September 2008."


Ahem. "Passion and excitement"...just in time for my birthday. That's all I'm saying.

While the ambassadorship is Hathaway's first such commercial campaign, she's far from being the first famous face to front for the company. She joins the brand's already impressive parade of A-list endorsers, which currently counts Kate Winslet, Uma Thurman and Clive Owen among its spokescelebs.



It's probably for the better of my bank account that they're not selling anything I really use.

I suppose it would cross some sort of line between devoted fan and sad if I were to buy a bottle simply on the grounds that it smells like them, wouldn't it?

On a related mater, it happened again. The women I love are congregating.

First Dita Von Teese and Sarah Shahi came together. Now I learn that early last month, Anne Hathaway and Eva Mendes met outside a restaurant in NYC, and there are photos to prove it.

1 comment:

Viper said...

I've been a Hathaway oogler since Princess Diaries (I got kids. I know, still wrong...) and EM caught my attention as a result of the "fur" ad. I know you've seen it.

Anyway, the two of them in the same frame is likely to dehydrate me.

Good God Almighty.