Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Kelly/Courtney, Courtney, Courtney...

there's been a change. I pulled Kelly MacDonald to here, and replaced her in 1995 with Drew Barrymore.

1996:

Kelly Macdonald.



If you have to ask why, I have to say: What part of "cutie-pie" don't you understand?

MacDonald's newest film is Choke, from a book by the author of Fight Club.

Courtney Love. I've talked about Courtney before--I want to see her starring in her own TV series, either "reality" or a sex comedy opposite John Lydon. Or maybe a relationship advice call-in (admit it: You'd watch).



For one thing, sometimes I think she's just blissfully beautiful.

For another, she's one of the only actresses or musicians I imagine I could actually become friends with if we ever talked.

Even in her, shall we say, less-than-coherent moments I've thought she had a colorful way with a phrase that got right to the heart of a matter.

Like when she said Kurt Cobain "chewed bubblegum in his soul."

I also think she's much funnier than she's generally given credit for being. Sometimes I'll read in magazines things that she's said reported as though she were deadly serious, when it seems obvious to me she must have been joking.

I've just always had a soft spot for her (as well as a not-so-soft spot for her, if you know what I mean and I'm reasonably sure that you do).

She's a polarizing figure, I realize, but I come down firmly on the pro-side.

Love has been in the news most recently because of a dramatic weight loss she credited to hypnotism, and because she's being sued by her former management

COURTNEY LOVE
Originally uploaded by
PINOY PHOTOGRAPHER
company for $1 million.



Sigh... (shakes head) Courtney, Courtney, Courtney...

No comments: