Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weird coincidence: All three of the actresses I mention here (including Penelope Ann Miller) have played Matthew Broderick's romantic interest

1994:

Mia Sara.

Here again, admittedly, I'm hedging a bit.



Because Sara probably loomed largest in my brain around 1986, when she was Sloane, Ferris' girlfriend in Ferris Bueller's Day Off (she had the greatest hair). She stood out to me and I'd always remembered her.



Then, in 1994, she did a little movie called Timecop--which seems destined to be remembered as "pretty good...for a Jean-Claude Van Damme flick." Certainly that's how I remember it, with one addition:

In said film--let me put this as gently as possible--Mia Sara exposed her breasts to the camera for the first time. You can understand how this was an important moment for me.

Ferris (recently issued on DVD for the third time) remains her most praised work. I paid my own tribute to her in my Girlfriend's Boyfriend screenplay/novel, a character named Jenny Sloane is half-named after Sara's Ferris character. She was also my physical model for the character.

Traci Lind.

I know nothing about this actress--in fact I only remember ever seeing her in one movie, The Road to Wellville. However, in that movie, she displayed one of the prettiest asses I have ever seen, when Matthew Broderick fantasizes he can see her undressed.



(I'm determined not to play around with what I mean in this series of posts--and BTW, click to enlarge, you pervs)

Lind seems to be residing in another corner of the "Whatever Happened To" box, perhaps opposite Penelope Ann Miller.

No comments: