Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What's new, miss Drew?

1995:

Bonnie Hunt. Funny ladies are so fine and beautiful.

Here she is with the late Tom Snyder.





There's also a good collection of her quotes in this Bonnie Hunt web site.

My favorite, on the difference of living in Los Angeles...

What Bonnie misses most about Chicago:
"That my figure fit in. I'll tell ya, I get off the plane in Chicago, I'm a goddess. Yeah, here, I'm Shelley Winters in The Poseidon Adventure."




In another one of those interesting coincidences, in that Snyder clip (from 1999), Hunt speaks about what kind of talk show she'd do if she did a talk show. Her talk show starts in a few weeks.

there's been a change. I've moved Kelly MacDonald to 1996, and replaced her here with:

Drew Barrymore. According to Eszterhas' Hollywood Animal, Barrymore was turned down for the lead in Showgirls. This is the kind of thing I can see upsides and downsides to, most if not all of each probably quite obvious.


One of the things I like about Barrymore as a woman is that like Kate Winslet, she seems always to have known females are supposed to have curves.



She's a broad, as they used to say.



Barrymore recently sent yet another man to the curb, and is preparing to direct her first feature.

No comments: