Monday, August 25, 2008

Embrace your Mr. Reminder Guy status, George

George sent in another half-dozen women I could have named for my 1999 post. So these are his suggestions with my comments.

Not to be Mr. Reminder Guy, but how about the duo of Sevari and Burch in American Beauty?






I considered both. What stopped me was twofold. One, I don't actually like American Beauty all that much--I consider it overrated.

Two...I read somewhere that Birch was under 18 when she filmed her nude scene for it and that kinda freaked me out.

But hey, if you don't mind looking like a dirty old man...



Updates: Suvari getting naked on film is still a selling point.

As for Birch, well...speaking of things that creep me out...



Or the duo of Dunst and Williams in Dick?


I've never seen Dick. Dunst I was kinda saving for 2000 and Bring It On.

I've seen more pictures of Michelle Williams than I've actually seen her act, but she's certainly a good-looking young woman (and she did do really fine work in Me Without You).

Updates: Dunst, as I said, is waiting to hear about Spider-Man 4.

Michelle Williams is focusing on being a mother and is also said to be seeing director Spike Jonze. She has a new movie coming out called Wendy and Lisa, which is not the story of Prince's former guitarist and keyboardist, sorry to say.

Or the duo of Polley and Gershon in Guinevere, which I haven't seen, but they are lovely women, at least.


I haven't seen it either. I agree that Polley is a lovely woman, she's also a choice screenwriter and director.





I like Gina Gershon, too. And I've noticed something. According to my highly informal poll/anecdotal evidence, she seems to be high up on most straight women's list of those they would "turn" for (one suspects it's all to do with Bound).

Kind of the way I feel about John Barrowman and David Boreanaz...but that's a different post.

Updates: Polley appears not to have any work coming out in the near future, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Gershon is still trying to live down Showgirls--and if you ever want an easy laugh, read Joe Eszterhas's accounts of her reaction to his writing. She treated him like he was flipping' Lawrence Kasdan or something...

And then there's Jennifer Jason Leigh in eXistenZ, and I like her and the film both. JJL never gets enough props if you ask me.


It's another film I've never seen, but we're in great agreement about JJL--I consider her one of the most beautiful of American actresses.

Not a bad director, either...I wish she wouldn't try to "write," but again, that's another entry.

Update: Leigh's most recent film is Margot at the Wedding, which (wait for it) I haven't seen but received a cool reception from critics.

No comments: