Thursday, August 28, 2008

You were wondering when I would get to her, weren't you.

2005:

Anne Hathaway.

What, you thought I forgot?

It was a stroke of genius casting Anne Hathaway in Brokeback Mountain. Because if a man is married to this woman...



...and would still rather have sex with another man...it clearly shows that man is gay.

She's quite simply reason enough to believe in god, need I say more?

Ok: She symbolizes beatitude. She's the future Mrs. Varkentine. The most beautiful woman in the world. Although--and if I had a dollar for every time I've heard this from a beautiful woman--she says she never thought she was.

‘Growing up, there’s a lot of pressure on young women,’ she says. ‘You just want to be cookie-cutter beautiful.



In the unlikely event that Anne happens across this blog some evening:

Anne, when your parents made you, they made a new mold.

Other women want to look like you.

You don't want to look like other women.

Hathaway is at the DNC convention in Denver this week. A couple of days ago she was quoted by the AP giving her feelings about Obama in a way that made me think, "Anne, I love you...but please don't talk about politics anymore."

Not that she's not for him (she is), but the way she expressed herself...well, you know how I always say that actors shouldn't...talk?

Photobucket Kelly Clarkson.

Sure, her first hits were all prefabricated drive, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. She's got an incredible voice, and with later records she showed...at least to me, and that's all we're concerned about here...she was more than cute (although she is).

Plus I liked the way she showed a spine with her label, and she has clever eyes. And it pissed me off when people said she was "pudgy."

Clarkson is presently touring with Reba McEntire.

No comments: