Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Twenty-six happiness

As most of you know, Terry Gilliam is my favorite director. His best films (The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, Fisher King) get 10 out of 10 stars in my book, they sing to me. Even his less interesting movies (12 Monkeys, Brothers Grimm) are always watchable and have something new and interesting to offer.

He knows how to make big, epic movies that still have people in them.

An enterprising YouTuber has put together a little tribute compilation of images from Gilliam's films set to the rock instrumental ballad "Sleepwalk." But for some reason they left out his first film, Jabberwocky, so I'm going to preface their tribute with the trailer for that.



I've always liked the line of, I think it was Gilliam's collaborator and friend Charles McKeown, who said Gilliam's films were like taking the top of his head off and having a look around inside.

No comments: