Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My heart is racing with anticipation

"Veronica Mars" creator Rob Thomas's resurrection of his previous series "Cupid" (much loved by a small cult of fans including yours truly) has been picked up for midseason.

Bobby Cannavale will be playing the role of Trevor, played in the original by Jeremy Piven. I'm not very familiar with Cannavale's work, but (it says here) he did win an Emmy, so I'll give him a shot.

And anyway, what really makes me happy--besides just that it's being picked up--is that Sarah Paulson, late of Sorkin's "Studio 60," (and incidentally, openly gay) will be playing Claire. And here's another one of those coincidences I love so well.

That role was created by the actress Paula Marshall. Following the cancellation of the original version of "Cupid," Marshall appeared in a three-episode arc on "Sports Night," created by...Aaron Sorkin.

All things are connected.

No comments: