Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's so crazy, it just might work

Via Goddard's Wire:



Former Bush speechwriter David Frum: "There are many ways to lose a presidential election. John McCain is losing in a way that threatens to take the entire Republican Party down with him... I could pile up the poll numbers here, but frankly... it's too depressing. You have to go back to the Watergate era to see numbers quite so horrible for the GOP."


You see what's missing from that idea, don't you? McCain is getting the bill for every crime the Republicans committed while they were in power. I don't know whether to feel sorry for McCain, because as much as I think he's dishonored himself, he doesn't deserve the entirety of that check...well, yes I do.

Of course I don't feel sorry for him, because I want the Democrats to win, and if this is the way, so be it. In fact, I might speculate that is the reason why Pelosi took impeachment of Bush and Cheney off the table:

An electorate that wants to kill the GOP just to watch them die finally gets their hands on the ballot box just in time for the election.

Yes, if I thought Nancy Pelosi was some kind of a political genius, I might speculate that this has been her plan all along.

But it was probably just luck.

No comments: