Friday, June 12, 2009

Dude, seriously: Shut the fuck up.

It may not have escaped your notice that I do not like Marilyn Manson a whole awful lot. Not to put too fine a point on it, I believe I may have used the words "unrelenting evil" to describe him.

I'm not even talking about his music. True, I don't like it, but that's a matter of taste. No, what I really don't like is his habit of dating talented young women who he makes look exactly the same and then disappoints.

Now, however, I think it's time for me to swear one of my occasional vows. This will be the last mention of Marilyn Manson in any of my blogs for quite some time. Why? Because it's been made clear to me (again) that all this attention is just what he wants.

How was this made clear to me?

Like this:

"I essentially lost everything because of Columbine but, if it happened now, it just wouldn't have the same impact. There has to be that first person who takes the arrows in the back and I guess that was me.
"If there was a Grammy Award for death toll, it would be mine. I don't think anyone has been blamed for as much violence as me."


Dude, seriously: Shut the fuck up. You "lost everything," if indeed you have, because people lost interest in your son-of-Alice-Cooper act. That's all I have to say to you.

No comments: