Saturday, June 13, 2009

Speaking of things I love...(updated to add fanvid)



Ex-TSCC Showrunner/Executive Producer Josh Friedman, on the sinking of his brilliant show.

On the nature of the loss:

Losing your show is ... like a surprise divorce where you get served papers in the morning and your (ex)wife is fucking Human Target by three in the afternoon using the same time slot your child was conceived in and also where she did that one thing that one time on your birthday.


On being reunited with the wife you haven't seen for a couple of years cos you've been busy on the show:

WIFE: Oh...It's you.
EX-SHOWRUNNER: Hey baby.
WIFE: You look...different than I remember.
EX-SHOWRUNNER: I've gone a little grey.
WIFE: Or a little fat.
EX-SHOWRUNNER: Pretty sure it's grey.
WIFE: Pretty sure...fat. Was I...drunk?
EX-SHOWRUNNER: Drunk? When?
WIFE: I don't know. The whole time?


On leaving the lot:

ME: Frank! I'm that someone! It's my show! I am the someone that I'm looking for!
GUARD: Wait. Who are you?
ME: I'm Josh Friedman, Frank! And until I drive past this guard shack I am the Executive Producer of this tv show! I am the someone! Can't I give myself permission to leave?


Have I mentioned how much I'm gonna miss this guy's show?

No comments: