Thursday, November 12, 2009

Lucky I didn't shoot him after all, then



Burger King happens to be the fast food that is closest to my heart (and is no doubt blocking my arteries, but that's another post). At least twice in the past month, I have gone to one of the branches here in Seattle only to be told that because of the one dollar double cheeseburger promotion they'd been having, they were out of burgers. At Burger King.

This was annoying, but not overly stressful. Believe it or not, we actually have more than one branch around. So I went to another and didn't think too much about it.

Turns out, though, I'm not the only one to have been inconvenienced by this promotion. Most of the Burger King Franchisees are mad. And they're not just mad, they're suing mad!

Burger King franchisees sued the hamburger company this week over its $1 double cheeseburger promotion, saying they're losing money on the deal and the company can't set maximum menu prices.


What a senseless waste of human life.

2 comments:

George said...

In light of your video...one day after work I dashed into our fabulous cheese shop in town and realized the other customer in the store looked awfully familiar. I looked again, and yes, I was in a cheese shop with John Cleese. Gotta love living in Santa Barbara (for so many reasons).

Oh, and luckily the store did have cheese.

Ben Varkentine said...

Dude!