Monday, August 29, 2005

Dissed Ms.

On the Mother Jones blog:


I left the Democratic Party for a long list of reasons, but the main one was the fact that I felt dismissed as a woman. And nothing has changed. Even in the 21st Century, all the Democratic Party had to offer for a presidential ticket was two white males



Like her or not, Senator Clinton gets the same kind of bashing from Democrats that she gets from Republicans, and it isn't about her politics. When the subject of her possible presidential candidacy came up on the MSNBC program "Hardball," host Chris Matthews, a Democrat, immediately said: "Well, that would motivate all the men in the country to vote against her." All the men? Those are some mighty strong feelings of insecurity.


Yeah, I'm not sure what that's about either. There are times when I think I would like a chance to vote for Hilary Clinton and there are times when I think I wouldn't, but I assure you: Neither has as much to do with her being a woman as her being a democrat in the worst sense of the word. I'm really starting to think they're shooting themselves in the foot if they don't address that divide I talked about a few days ago before 2008, if not '06.

No comments: