Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Give it to me...two times

So I traditionally--"traditionally" meaning I did it last year on my old blog--do this thing a day or so before my birthday, which is September first. I've been thinking of it as "the state of the blogger address," but that may be because I've been working my way through my West Wing DVDs.

Anyway, I like to talk a little about where I think I am and what this place looks like today. My big thing this year is I'm incredibly happy to have found, not just characters that I care about but ones I think I can work with for a really long time.

I'm also scared to death that whatever talent I may have, I won't be able to use it to its proper fruition. And the worst part is if I don't I'll feel like I've let them (Keitha, Annabel & Colley-my characters) down. Which is nuts but hey, I'm a writer.

I still feel incredibly cut off from my life except, oddly, when I'm writing. I'm proud of my writing and the rest of my life's a mess. I feel like I need a hand and I know there are people who would help me if they could but they don't know how.

On the other hand, my "common-law stepbrother" is still making me look good.

I miss having friends and a support system in a physical sense. I love my friends in California, they've been incredibly supportive (you know who you are) and there are people I like here in Washington but none of it...it just doesn't...

And it's not clear to me whether I've done anything at all. I'm pleased to have this blog, though. So, onward into another year...

No comments: