Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A song and two quotes

David Bowie, Underground:

It's only forever
Not long at all
The lost and the lonely
That's underground, underground

Daddy, daddy, get me out of here
I'm underground
Heard about a place today
Nothing ever hurts again

Sister, sister, please take me down...


Aaron Sorkin, The West Wing, "The Crackpots & These Women:"

I want to be a comfort to my friends in tragedy. And I want to be able to celebrate with them in triumph. And for all the times in between, I just want to be able to look them in the eye...I want to be with my friends, my family, and these women.


Aaron Sorkin, The West Wing, "20 Hours in America:"

My son's in public school; it's no good. They've got 37 kids in the class, no art and music, no advanced placement courses. Other kids, their mother has to make 'em practice the piano, you can't pull my son away from the piano, he needs teachers.

No comments: