Tuesday, October 11, 2005

God help me, I'd like to listen to that

David Lee Roth is replacing Howard Stern...but unfortunately, apparently only on the east coast. I say "unfortunately" because I've always gotten a kick out of David Lee Roth.

Say what you will, the man knew how to make rock videos: Our flamboyant, larger-than-life lead singer surrounded by an endless procession of girls in bikinis. You have no idea how brilliant the "California Girls" video was when I was 14.

He was also worth his weight in quotes, which is why I'm anticipating such gems when he has access to the airwaves on a regular basis. My favorites? "The bad news is, we've lost our way. The good news is, we're way ahead of schedule!"

And of course: "Always remember two things. Point one, don't sweat the small stuff. Point two, it's all small stuff!" He's everything you want in a rock star, basically: Entertaining, dumb, and full of it.

No comments: