Tuesday, October 11, 2005

You know what I might do, if I were the Democratic party?

I might just buy myself a little commercial time to run during Commander In Chief, Law & Order SVU, NCIS, My Name Is Earl or something like that. And I'd buy this commercial time to run on the first Tuesday in November (besides being popular, all those shows run on Tuesday).

And in this commercial, I'd have Democratic National Committee chairman Howard Dean open by asking the voters: Are you better off than you were one year ago? Than you were five years ago? Is the country?

And then I'd have him spend a brief time--the ad should be no more than a minute--saying concisely what it is that Democrats think should be done to help fix the problems in this country.

At no time should he endorse any specific candidate; he should just essentially say, losing hope? There is another way. Of course, between then and now that would mean the Democratic braintrust would have to actually come up with another way.

But anyway, you'll notice I said if I were the Democratic party...

(I've been meaning to put this idea out there for a while, thanks to The Left Coaster, who has his own ideas for what Democrats should do, for the excuse.)

No comments: