Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Get away, Tucker. Do go on and tell me all about it.

How long has it been since I've mentioned to you that Tucker Carlson is an awful human being?
Tucker on Sen. Clinton: "[T]here's just something about her that feels castrating, overbearing, and scary"
On the March 20 edition of MSNBC's Tucker, host Tucker Carlson noted that a 1984-inspired attack ad posted on YouTube.com characterizes Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-NY) "as an Orwellian Big Sister" and proceeded to endorse this depiction of Clinton, saying, "But there's just something about her that feels castrating, overbearing, and scary." Carlson maintained: "I mean, you've gotta admit, when you watch that, it does get right to heart of people's instinctive problems with Hillary, which don't have to do with policy."


Silly fuckin' me, Tuck. There I was thinking my problems with Hillary had to do with things like her...

  • Having voted for the Iraq war.
  • Being slow to admit her terrible mistake.
  • Not being woman enough to say "you were right, and I was wrong" to the grassroots that tried to tell her.
  • Support of legalized gaybashing like the "Defense of Marriage" Act.
  • Signing on to meaningless right-wing issues like Flag-Burning legislation.

And I haven't even mentioned (because it isn't a policy-related reason to have a problem with her) the fact that her sense of humor is such evident horseshit. She thought it would be funny to compare a former President of the United States-and her husband-to a murderous terrorist. That was like watching a bad SNL sketch.

But none of the actual policy-related reasons up there are really why I have a problem with her. It's because I'm afraid she's going to cut my balls off. You've got me there, Tuck. It's because strong women are scawy to bratty, bow tie wearing faux-journalist liars like me who equate blocking the entrance of a building with murder.

Oh wait, Tucker...that's you.

No comments: