Saturday, March 24, 2007

It's very clear (an illustrated meme)

This meme is from Jeopardygirl.

Eight Songs I Am Diggin’ On Right Now:

"New Song (New Version") by Howard Jones. Love that bigger piano sound.

"Hang On Now [Extended Mix]" by Kajagoogoo. One of only two songs they or Lihmal ever recorded that doesn't have anything majorly wrong with it.

"Everybody Have Fun Tonight" by Wang Chung. See post further down for most recent reason.

"Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel.

"True Blue (and) "Live To Tell," both by Madonna.

"A Good Heart" by Feargal Sharkey. One of the great two-time-one-hit wonders. I dunno what the deal was with the name, though.

"Don't Leave Me This Way" by the Communards. Another of those bands I have a fair sampling of just from comps, even though I don't own any actual albums.

If money were no object, what would you be doing with your life?

Living in California, working as a director of films/theater and writer of same plus books.

Money is just that - an object, so why aren’t you doing it?

“I don’t think the State does enough for artists and writers generally in the way of subsidy and tax relief and so on-I mean, as an artist and a writer, I have to be surrounded by beautiful things and beautiful people-and beautiful people cost money.”

–Alan Bennett, On The Margin

What’s better: horses or cows? Horses.

What do you think the secret to happiness is?

I knew that, you think I'd be answering meme questions on a saturday afternoon?

When was the last time you had a dream that you either remember well or did not want to awake from? Can you share a bit?

Last night. No.

When you were a little kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? Besides a Ghostbusting Jedi Knight Time Lord? Willie Aames. Only because he got to swim naked with a 19-year-old Phoebe Cates. Oh, ok, not when I was a little kid...when I was a little kid I wanted to sing on Broadway.

Yes, I wanted to sing on Broadway and I also lusted after Phoebe Cates, okay? I am large, I contain multitudes.

Complete this statement: Love is…

Well in my Lexicon, Love is...:

...in the air.

...all, love is new
Love is all, love is you

My love is your love
Our love is here to stay

Love is a hot bitch (see below).
Can you tell a good story? Well I couldn't write Dr. Doolitte II or Jurassic Park 3 or Firefly, if that's what you mean.

Can you remember your last daydream? What was it about? Probably just the everyday one where I win one of those lotteries where you get $500 every week for the rest of your life.

If you were to thank someone today, who would you thank? Corey, for recommending I look on Craisglist for a new TV, and for sending me a package of Torchwood/Doctor Who/Sarah Jane Smith DVDs.

I'm tagging Kelly.

(The illustrations are optional...really the whole thing is, of course.)

4 comments:

Kelly Peeples said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Peeples said...

Whoops, I marred your comments area. Sorry. Okay, challenge answered.

I believe Feargal is a relatively common Irish name. He was also a bit more famous in the UK, having been the lead singer of The Undertones, and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember right now. Funny looking, if I remember correctly. Spinsterella has a lot to say this week about the attractiveness of the Irish breed.

Carla said...

What about Dancehall Days by Wang Chung? For me, Everybody Have Fun tonight is spoiled by the memory of the nervousness of the video...sped up images shaking. But it is a catchy song.

What happened to Feargal Sharkey anyway?

Ben Varkentine said...

Dancehall Days is a classic song too, but I'd listened to Everybody Have Fun Tonight more recently when I made that list.

I think the video actually triggered some epileptic seizures...

Sharkey's still kicking around somewhere.