Saturday, July 28, 2007

Awards: Me=one, Lauren Graham=nothing

PJ has awarded me a Power of Schmooze Award.



Picking me to include among:
those prolific souls who often leave comments that cheer me up and let me know that I’m not so alone in the world


So: Who are the people that I'm talking about, when I talk about my vast reading audience?

A'mee. Ah, the stories I could tell you. But I won't, for fear of her going all Basic Instinct on my ass...

Jeopardygirl. She's Canadian, but I try not to hold that against her. Plus, we have almost precisely the same musical taste.

Becca. Arguably the one of you I'd most like to go drinking with-but we'd probably end up fighting over the same girl. BTW, you guys know what it is to be "cock blocked"-that's when a guy succesfully hits on a girl who you've been trying to hit on.

You know what it is when a girl does it? A muff bluff.

PJ herself, one of my erstwhile interviewers, with good eye for lovely women (and men, I suppose).

George, generik and the rest of the RFB campaign staff. Even though George does have a tendency to carp, they comment on my blog a lot more than I comment on theirs (hangs head in shame)...

bbovenguy. One of the closest things I have to a Hollywood connection-and a fellow veteran of "the Tara incident." My other Hollywood connection being Corey "star of Spiders!" Klemow, but he tends not to comment on the blog publicly.

As for you runners-up and also-rans (Dr. Monk, J.D., Gordon..."and the rest")...you can do better. I know you can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As far as I know we have no ice picks in the kitchen, although Gav did just buy a lovely santuko....
BTW (and not related lol) we are moving to Renton next month!

Becca said...

Awwww! Thank you! And for the record I think going out for a few drinks with you would indeed make for a fun evening.

And we can just arm wrestle for any girls we both like.

George said...

Sorry about the carping!

I need to be more positive, I know.

Congrats on the award.