Monday, July 23, 2007

Showing their hand

I haven't seen "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" and I don't expect to see it. Not because I think it deals in cheap, improper sterotypes, although it sure looks like it does, but because it looks like it deals in jokes that were dull-witted on "Three's Company."

Something I assume Sandler & Co knew, since I noticed on "Ebert & Roeper" last night (keep getting better, Roger) that Richard Kline has a role in the film. Kline was "Three's Company's" "Larry" (and one of Corey Klemow's acting coaches).

So really, the only reason for me to see the movie would be to drool over Jessica Biel's body. And it's nice to know there is a line which I will not cross.

That I will say, "I'm not that desperate."

(Besides, the images will be online before the end of the year...)

So I have only this to say about "Chuck and Larry" overtaking "Potter" at the box office.

Actually, it's not even something I have to say, it's something writer Shawn Levy once said and I've always remembered, which was this:

The day we, as a nation, decided to make Adam Sandler a comedy superstar...we lost all moral authority to mock the French for Jerry Lewis.

1 comment:

Becca said...

This is a dispicable idea for a movie. So horrible. And they should all go to hell for putting the sexy Jessica Biel in the middle of this catastrophe of a "movie".