Saturday, December 08, 2007

If there IS anyone out there who thinks I post too many pictures of women who are nude or nearly so...this is not going to make them happy



This...is what I think you would just have to call a kick-ass ass.

I couldn't find a source for the artists of these next two, but I found them in this site.



This is "Baigneuse," an oil dated at 1870.



This is called "The Glade," an oil painting dated at 1900. Whomsoever painted it...that's my kinda glade.



I could find very little about this pastel painting, the artist is Gerald Boyd.



This is from a gallery of paintings by a Thai lady artist called Suwannee. It's titled, "Girl with Owl at the waterfall."

!

Did somebody say, "Owl?" (Looks again) That's right-it's Kpu Lap, "relaxing after a show." Kpu Lap loves the ladies.

I couldn't get one of the images to reproduce, but there's some bronze sculptures here.



This one I didn't find artist or date for, but I think it's an old-fashioned "snuff bottle."



This is a painting by a little known German-born artist named Aloys Kreuzer. It's oil on wood and was painted in 1958-which surprised me, as I would have put it as a lot more contemporary, like within my lifetime contemporary. I have never pretended to be an art collector. I found it on the new aquistions page of this gallery.



I just like this picture. Do I really need to explain why?

2 comments:

Becca said...

Great post and there is no such thing as too many naked and/ or beautiful women.

Ben Varkentine said...

It seems there are some who agree with you-my current average per day is 1,063.