Monday, December 03, 2007

You know...I hadn't really PLANNED to see "The Golden Compass," starring Nicole Kidman, and certainly not in the theater.


...but now I'm thinking that unless it gets really rotten reviews, perhaps I will. Why? Real simple. The Catholic League's William Donohue is denouncing it.

Because he thinks it'll make people buy books. Oh, he has specific books in mind-but I suspect it's the buying of any books more demanding than your average issue of: ... that makes Donohue so uncomfortable.

William Donohue thinks the situation of Catholics in America is akin to that of blacks in Apartheid South Africa. And if 15-year-old boys are molested it's their own damn fault.

Really, I cannot possibly stress this too heavily or often enough: Bill Donohue is one of those jackasses who if you've pissed him off-you can be fairly certain you've done something right.

No comments: