Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Take a trip you'll never forget

Becca has gifted me with a blogging star. This would seem to go along with the small victories I was talking about last night in my other blog. Here's what I am to do:

* Mention that it originated here at Skittles’ Place so I can follow its journey.
* Pass it on to any blogger(s) you think should have it.


I would reciprocate by bestowing my own, the problem is I'm not reading as many blogs these days as I sometimes have in the past.

And most of those I do I've already given one totally fake award or another. I almost feel like I'd rather put out a call for blogs or sites I haven't found yet (for instance, is there a really good Jack Benny site?).

I mean, I could mention Jeopardygirl, who deserves another reader or two.

In laying her award on me, Becca says that my "taste in women and movies is nearly as good as [her] own." As I've said in the past, when it comes to a taste for posting pictures of sexy and/or naked and near-naked women, Becca makes me look like Dan Quayle.

I think she likes "quest" movies more than I do, too (just an observation, not intended as criticism). Then again, tastes can and do encompass a great many things.

Films I've seen and taken pleasure in recently include The Empire Strikes Back, Away From Her, and Meet The Robinsons. I defy you to find much of a connection between those three.

I also observe that Becca has at least a small advantage over me (in terms of how I perceive it) in that she seems to feel freer to post pictures of models, from Playboy or otherwise.

I like to post pictures of movie/TV actressess, singers; woman directors, well and little known.







Your Angelina Jolies, if you will, as opposed to your Vanna Whites or Jessica Albas.




Your Pinks as opposed to your Fergies.



Your Sarah Polleys as opposed to your...well, there really aren't enough women directors to have an opposing example, but you take my meaning.

In other words, women who can do something other than just be ogled.

Why? Well, mostly because I like those sorts of women.

But also because I'm afraid I'll feel like a male sexist pig if I don't.

Whereas Becca, being a woman...

Of course, I do post pictures of models (and "real people") just as Becca also posts the sorts of things I post, but I'm talking about typical differences.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Oh man you posted a picture of Vanna White! how cool is that...not that I'm a huge fan but way to go? Did you know she's written books on making afghans.

Oh and you haven't lived til you've seen that awful movie she made in the 80's where she played the goddess Aphrodite who gets stuck in 1980's California. Sweet.

Ben Varkentine said...

I have vague memories of that, but I think I've blocked most of them out.