Friday, February 08, 2008

Oh, well, son of a bitch...

Not to make too much of this, but I was involved with the Palo Alto Children's Theatre when I was a child...


Palo Alto police officers have searched the residences of the four Children's Theatre employees presently on administrative leave, reportedly confiscating computers, according to several sources.

"We conducted search warrants and I cannot comment on what we confiscated at this time," Police Chief Lynne Johnson replied in an e-mail to a query from the Weekly Tuesday afternoon.

But Phil Plymale, president of the City of Palo Alto chapter of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), said Tuesday the homes of Assistant Director Michael Litfin, Costume Supervisor Alison Williams and Box Office Assistant Richard Curtis -- all union members -- had been searched and computers were taken last week.



The home of theatre Director Patricia Briggs also was searched.


Litfin--who has just died-and Briggs's names are familiar to me. ISTR thinking he didn't like me. I have the self-deprecating urge to add, "probably I brought it on myself," but I was hardly older than my nephew is now, so how could I have?

And IIRC, Briggs directed the first play I was ever in*. I don't remember if she liked me or not, but enough to cast me...

Anyway, I don't know what happened here, but it seemed worthy of brief notice.



*It was The Go Go The Blue Gorilla Show, to which this is not the cast album, but a record featuring a few of the same songs.

I sang "No Time."

No comments: